Thursday, October 27, 2011

Just reading about being frugal makes me depressed..

As today is my kid free day (that being I only have the 2 babies) I have been sitting in front of my computer doing what I like to call "research".
A spunky friend of mine posted this website to help everyone with the art of becoming frugal. http://frugalandthriving.com.au/category/home_and_family/clothing/..
Now armed with some time to read I began looking over this site, hoping to find something that would help me cut costs.
I did manage to find some KILLER  recipes, and some other cool stuff, but...then ..it ..got..kinda..depressing.

For example looking for cheap maternity wear, one suggestion was raid your hubbies clothes...um NO, secondly your friends and their grandiose coffee dates are making you broke, and thirdly not buying any NEW baby items at all, instead opt for second hand  items...AHHHHHHH..it was just too much

The idea of kicking back in Matts Kenworth t-shirt, without decent friends or COFFEE, and my children wearing clothes that sinned against humanity in the 80's, is just not cool!!..

So apart from the recipes and cleaning tips and the less is more attitude, I laugh in the face of being frugal..and smile at the idea of Short St coffee, my girlie friends,online shopping,and hairdressers appointments.

In retrospect I do honestly feel I have a issue with shopping, possibly even a (gasp) addiction??..

No comments:

Post a Comment