Thursday, November 17, 2011

Kid free FRIDAY!!

Hello once again peeps!!
Well how is everyone enjoying their Friday??..
I have spent the majority of mine fluffing around the house, singing really badly and loudly to all my fav tunes. and even getting to sit out the back in peace in the sun, enjoying a coffee and ciggie..and then ending up with the biggest teenaged headspin ever..

As much as I enjoy a smoke I am not a full time smoker. I in fact have the amazing ability to start and stop smoking without batting an eye-lid, which drives my chain smoking hubby mad..
I really don't understand why or how I seem to get away with this, but I do, and who am I to mess with it..lol..

I remember my first cigarette with crystal clear clarity..I was 13 and staying at my friend Gems place, we were bumming around with Gem's older neighbor who offered us our first smoke, not wanting to look like a pair of babies we took him up and I'm sure bum-puffed away  trying to look awesomely cool, the funny part of this story is we only smoked half of it and realised it tasted like crap and handed the rest back ..LOL..so much for looking cool..
Anyway this set us both on the path of smoking which we did regularly or at least whenever we could con some poor bugger to buy them for us.
I have many a funny story to tell about smoking...getting caught just about to light up by the very cranky english teacher and then having to shove the ciggie and lighter down my bra, what for I don't know because he saw me anyway, to jumping out classroom windows to puff around the corner, to smoking down the street in my school uniform and getting three Saturday detentions in a row...

Now days the only grief I get about smoking is my kids looking at me with big, round, blue eyes and saying "Don't smoke mummy you will die"..which just melts my heart and scares me more than any cranky english teacher. On the other hand Matt just shrugs and tells the kids "You have to die from something".. hes such big fat meany!!..lol..
To which I reply "Yeah well if you get cancer I'm putting you in a home"..oh feel that love..lol..
There is defiantly a time in life were you realise just how bad smoking is for you, and I am in that place, it is really a terrible terrible habit to have and for others very addictive..
Then why???..do I have to smoke as soon as someone is not around to hassle me about it, maybe its that naughty teenager inside me..

On a completely unrelated, but important note..I have started on the long road of ending my phobia of aliens.
Last night I watched "Alien Resurrection"..from go to woe without completely freaking out..MASSIVE EFFORT, considering ET gives me nightmares, ..stop laughing!!..
Matt was so concerned he keep saying "I can't believe you are watching this, you should turn it off"..but I hung in there, and am proud to say I only woke up once, (slightly terrified) . Not sure at what sort of pace I'm going to be exposing myself to aliens,in particular those little X-files one..(shudders) but its deffinatly a step in the right direction ..

Have an awesome weekend everyone..xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment